SCREEN-L Archives

November 2019, Week 5

From:
"Peaslee, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2019 16:49:29 +0000
Dear Colleagues,

I’m curious to know if anyone on this list has had dealings (or has mentored students in their dealings) with Campus Movie Fest.

We’ve supported our student film production organization each of the last two years in bringing CMF to campus. It has resulted in a quite impressive volume of short films being produced in a compressed window, and each year the winners of the campus event are invited to screen their films at CMF Terminus (which takes place this year in June in LA). They are also invited to apply for an opportunity to attend Cannes in May and screen their short.

All of this seems a bit too good to be true, frankly, so I’m wondering if anyone has experience/cautionary tales/reassurances to offer?

Many thanks!
Rob

———————————————————————
Robert Moses Peaslee, PhD
[he, him, his]
Associate Professor & Chair
Department of Journalism & Creative Media Industries

Coordinator, TTU International Film Series
Faculty Affiliate, Thomas Jay Harris Institute for Hispanic and International Communication

College of Media & Communication
Texas Tech University
MS 3082
Lubbock, TX 79409

806.834.2562

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org