SCREEN-L Archives

June 1994

From:
Rick Gibbs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jun 1994 23:00:13 -0300
Hello All,
   My wife and I were discussing suitable films for our 3 yr-old to
watch. I innocently suggested Snow White (I'm from a previous
generation). She was not happy with that idea.
   Her feeling about Snow White is that the powerful woman is "EVIL",
and Snow White is a wimp! My response is that this is a little too
hard-assed, but then again I'm just a male.
   Any thoughts (not about me).... are there too many films from
Hollywood in which the powerful woman is the evil one, and the wimpy
woman is the "good" one?
   P.S. I do remember a discussion a while ago (either here or another
list in which _Thelma And Louise_ was used as an illustration of trend
breaking.

Rick Gibbs

*       Rick Gibbs      Just a lurker in search of his .signature  *