SCREEN-L Archives

December 1994, Week 4

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Dec 1994 20:51:17 CST
Author:  [log in to unmask]
Date:    12/28/94 1:50 PM

[Editor's note:  This message was submitted to SCREEN-L by the "Author" noted
above, and not by Jeremy Butler ([log in to unmask]).]

To:   Richard Chu

Amerasians, I may be able to provide you with some interview subjects and some
production/scriptwriting/research ideas.

I happen to have a friend who is a child of an American soldier father and a
Vietnamese native mother (she actually spent the first 3 or 4 years of her life
in Vietnam, because her father was not permitted to return for several years to
take his wife and child back to the U.S. with him -- her story is somewhat
reminiscent of the central theme of "Miss Saigon" in fact).

Call me at (301) 986-0444 Ext. 5839 or e-mail me at "[log in to unmask]"

I live in the Washington, D.C. area and work at The Discovery Channel.

Take care.

- Matt Borten

P.S.  Please provide me your direct e-mail address so that I don't clutter up
the "list" with this type of response in the future.  Thanks.