SCREEN-L Archives

April 1991

Sender:
From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 91 22:35:47 CST
On Sat, 6 Apr 91 19:18:57 CST Curt Sampson said:
>I think it's a good idea to try and bring other academic and research
>organizations into the fold.  Simon Fraser University and
>Communications Canada are sponsoring the Centre for Image and Sound
>Research, located here in Vancouver.  Their mission is "...to conduct
>applied research into the artistic and technological aspects of image
>and sound, contributing to the development of communication technology
>and the commercialization of related products thought the process of
>technology transfer to industry."  New technologies are certainly
>going to affect the way we communicate via a screen, and I think they
>might be able to provide some valuble input.  I'll give them a call on
>Monday and see what they have to say.

Thanks Curt. Sounds like a good idea.  Any other ideas of academic/
research organizations that ought to be involved?

P.S. Does Kaja Silverman still teach at Simon Fraser?

|                                      | Bitnet   :        JBUTLER@UA1VM |
| Jeremy G. Butler - - - - - - - - - - | Internet : [log in to unmask] |
|                                      | GEnie    :           J.BUTLER27 |
| Telecommunication & Film Dept * The University of Alabama * Tuscaloosa |