SCREEN-L Archives

April 2004, Week 2

Sender:
From:
Bob Rehak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:14:11 -0500
This is almost certainly a short story by John D. MacDonald (who executed
a few gems of science fiction alongside his great Travis McGee and crime /
melodrama novels). I taught it in a mass comm course a few years ago as an
example of early VR fears a la The Matrix.

Complete reference:

MacDonald, John D. "Spectator Sport." The Great SF Stories 12. Eds. Isaac
Asimov and Martin H. Greenberg. New York: Daw, 1984. 19-25.

Take care,
Bob

http://www.ScreenSite.org