SCREEN-L Archives

February 1995, Week 3

Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 1995 11:37:12 CST
> The paper I'm working on is abour the angels in "Wings of
>Desire" and "Faraway, So Close".  Does anyone know of any >good interviews
>with Wim Wenders?  Or has anyone ever done any research >into the
>background of his conception of angels and their relationship >to humans,
>the world and God?  I would appreciate any and all >suggestions offered.

I have put a fair amount of time into "wings of D." and read some of the
articles on the film but found them to be lacking.  I think the best way to
do the analysis you are writing about is to do it yourself, your comparison
is evedent in the text itself,(IMHO) reading the articles probably won't do
much good.  "wings" is a delightful text and fun to work with, why not go for
it?  I know of one book of interviews with Wenders I believe the title is
"the persistence of images" or something like that.  Good luck.
-D.H.