SCREEN-L Archives

July 1993

From:
Chris Castellanos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1993 16:13:46 CDT
        I am compiling a short bibliography of must-read books on film (and tv)
        published since 1980 (including history, theory, crit., biography,
        encyclopedia, etc).
        If anyone has nominations for recommended reading I would appreciate titles.
  Dan,
   These aren't too academic, but John Javna has some entertaining
books out about specific TV genres.  "The Best of TV Sitcoms," and "The
Best Science Fiction TV Shows" are the two I know of, but there may be
more.  I like them because he attempts to give a flavor of what
watching that show would be like.  Also, they tend to be more fluff
than hardcore analytical theoretical treatises, but they are plenty
informative.
   Hope this helps.
  Chris