SCREEN-L Archives

March 2009, Week 2

From:
Paul Ramaeker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 2009 18:52:05 +1300
  Michelle,
Forgive me if this is old news, but my server has deleted a few of the
previous Screen-L digests with this discussion.  I have been doing
some reading on Eastern European film of the 1960s lately, which of
course by any definition is heavy on the allegory.  Many of Jansco's
films (including My Way Home) are certainly thought of in terms of
allegories of Soviet Communism and Eastern European society, as are
such titles as The Party and the Guests, which from a description
sounds especially interesting in this regard.  A lot of this stuff can
be found on DVDs put out by Second Run in the UK, and a browse over
their should yield still more ideas.

Paul Ramaeker
University of Otago