SCREEN-L Archives

March 1995, Week 2

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 1995 09:04:30 CST
Forwarded by Jeremy Butler...
Subject: Re: info on Jerry Springer Show
Author:  [log in to unmask] (Victor G Catano) at SMTP-LINK
Date:    3/7/95 10:57 PM

In article <[log in to unmask]>,
Ron Large  <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>A colleague of mine wanted some information on the Jerry Springer show >of
a few weeks ago in which the topic was men who sleep with their baby
>sitters. Apparently the guests were faking it and were members of a
>Canadian comedy troupe. My colleague is looking for any written sources or
>stories about this. I told him I would post to the list for help. Does
>anyone have any info on what happened and some sources. Replies can be
>back channel if you wish. Thanks for the assistance.
>
>Ron Large

 I think there was a story on the troupe on the Toronto CBC late news
on Friday, Feb. 17. The Jerry Springer show sued them for $80,000 (The
cost of the production), and the troupe held a fundraising concert/dinner
to raise money for legal fees.

 Ah, Jerry Springer...the Sensitive Sleaze Monger. (Recent stories included
cat-fight videos, lesbian sex bars, and a feature on GG Allen. How do I
know? Uh...A friend told me.)

 Victor G. Catano
 SUNY at Buffalo