SCREEN-L Archives

March 2000, Week 3

From:
Evan Rosenfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 22:47:49 EST
mike frank wrote:

"at a quick guess, we'll find many fewer evil heroes than
evil heroines . . . and if that's the case it ought to tell us
something about ourselves that we need -- but don't want
to -- know . . ."

Isn't an evil hero impossible? I've always found the non-evilness of
protagonists to be one of the most intriguing points of identification for
me. At most I've found some heroes morally ambiguous. But evil? Its tough to
call the person you are identifying with evil. Maybe bad, but evil?