SCREEN-L Archives

March 1997, Week 4

Sender:
From:
Murray Pomerance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 1997 09:45:22 -0500
To: "L:H-FILM" <[log in to unmask]>
Just by the way:  Will all the Americans coming up to Ottawa be wearing
Hawaiian shirts, straw hats, sunglasses, Bermuda shorts, long socks,
white shoes, with 35mm cameras slung around their necks?  Or will they at
least look exactly like Jerry Seinfeld?  Or exactly like Rambo?  Because
I want to know how to recognize the Americans?

Robert Frank also wanted to know, and did a good book on them.

I thought Eugene Walz's quip--I dunno--a little off the wall.  I'm a
Canadian.  I don't resemble any of the known stereotypes.  But one thing
is sure:  Even in late May there will probably be snow on the ground in
Ottawa.