SCREEN-L Archives

March 1995, Week 2

Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 1995 14:36:26 CST
On 4 March Eoin O Mahony wrote:

>Discuss Tarantino by all means but
>please send personal messages about internal NBC wrangles and the "I
>Love Lucy" fan club to each other and dont use the discussion group.
>If you want to do this sort of net banter then crearte a new list for
>yourselves. Or maybe this whole thing has been corrupted beyond
>recognition since its establishment? I'm Irish and European...come on
>you Euro-philes and get into the fray!!!

While I would agree that there are a fair number of messages on the Screen L
that are superfluous to my interests, I have to say this is one of the more
topical lists/newsgroups I've encountered on the net.  I share your
disinterest in "I Love Lucy" fan clubs but if by "NBC wrangles" you mean our
rather lengthy debates about the future of government funded television in
the US, then I'd have to take exception with your description of "corrupted."
  What we're talking about is something akin to the wholesale privitisation
of RTE and abolition of the various European arts councils.  Coming from a
country which seems the hold the public arts in high esteem, I should think
you'd have something to contribute to these discussions.  By all means, get
into the fray!  If the volume of noise seems too deafening, you might try
excercising Screen-L's "Digest" option, which I have found quite useful.
Regard,
Stephen McCarthy, Boston