SCREEN-L Archives

December 2008, Week 3

Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 2008 20:54:07 -0600
Greetings,

We want to let you know that the new issue of Flow: A Critical Forum
on Television and Media Culture is available at http://flowtv.org.

This issue features columns from Jane Feuer, Yeidy M. Rivero, Jayson
Harsin, Peter Lehman and Susan Hunt, Lisa Parks, and Trisha Dunleavy.

This issue's columns in brief:

"GMA Revisited" by Jane Feuer (http://flowtv.org/?p=2242):
A look at Good Morning America, thirty years later.

"A Señora Drinks Café with a Fea in Bogota, the New Hip TV Production
Place in Latin America" by Yeidy M. Rivero (http://flowtv.org/?p=2237):
An examination of the international success and sale of Yo soy Betty,
la fea and other telenovelas.

"The Rumor Bomb: On Convergence Culture and Politics" by Jayson Harsin
(http://flowtv.org/?p=2259):
Reformulating Virilio to account for the speed and power of rumor in
convergent times.

"Californication: Trouble in Body Guy Paradise" by Peter Lehman and Susan Hunt
(http://flowtv.org/?p=2253):
A look at sex, masculinity and "the body guy" in Californication.

"Goodbye Rabbit Ears: Thoughts About the Digital TV Transition" by Lisa Parks
(http://flowtv.org/?p=2266):
Reflections on how the digital television conversion will affect
television studies and the public.

"Hybridity in TV Sitcom: The Case of Comedy Verité" by Trisha Dunleavy
(http://flowtv.org/?p=2244):
An exploration of the conventions of the increasingly popular hybrid
genre of comedy verité.

We look forward to your visit and encourage your comments.

Best wishes,

Flow Editorial Staff

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org