SCREEN-L Archives

September 1998, Week 2

Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 13:50:09 -0500
At 01:18 PM 9/5/98 -0700, you wrote:

Speaking of X-files...

>E.g., there was an _X Files_ episode a couple of years ago
>in which the flashbacks were handled in such a way that a
>character would relay events in the past, and the
>shot-reverse shot of the narrating character in the past
>would suddenly and without warning become the shot of the
>character relating the events in the present.  Thus a single
>shot would change temporal status--retrospectively.

There was an episode a while back wherein Scully and Mulder investigate a
town for vampirism.  I don't remember the particulars, but it is "narrated"
through the eyes of both characters, and the telling of the case is
influenced by the way they each see each other as well as other people.
For instance, the Sheriff, who appeared to Scully as handsome, appeared to
Mulder as a buck-toothed rube.  Has anyone else seen this episode?

Cheers,
Erika

University of Alabama.