SCREEN-L Archives

June 1995, Week 1

From:
Donald Larsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 1995 09:33:54 -0600
Murray Pomerance writes:
"To give the tiniest tootle of own horn, let me suggest to Don Larsson and
others interested in criticism that I am a more or less frequent
contributor to CANADIAN ART, a magazine which permits me to strive to do
*something of* what was done earlier by the writers I admired, along with
David Desser.  In a piece on the feminism in David Cronenberg; in another
on the modernism in Yousuf Karsh; in reviews of various subjects; I try
to be penetrating while readable, and the editors seem happy enough so
far.  The magazine is at 6 Church Street, Toronto, Ontario."

Thanks for the note.  I might add that the latest issue of CINEMA JOURNAL
(which Dave Desser edits)
includes the citation for Honorary Membership in
the Society for Cinema Studies to Ernest Callenbach, for his editorship of
FILM QUARTERLY, noting Callenbach's own insistence on readable criticism.

Don Larsson, Mankato State U (MN)