SCREEN-L Archives

September 2004, Week 2

From:
Paul Ramaeker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 15:41:15 +1200
Hi,
I am doing a lecture this week on conglomeration, media ownership,
and Hollywood.  In order to talk about how HBO fits into AOL Time
Warner operations, I am wondering how much its stars get paid
relative to American network stars.  (I read a comment from the star
of Entourage that he doesn't get paid much, and he said "cooler +
hipper = cheap", which I found suggestive in terms of HBO having a
relationship to its parent which could be compared with Miramax and
Disney.)

Anything anyone knows on how much Sopranos or Six Feet Under stars
get paid, relative to those on the nets, or indeed budgets of those
shows relative to those on the nets, would be appreciated.

cheers,
Paul Ramaeker
University of Otago