SCREEN-L Archives

November 2019, Week 3

From:
Kristina Jespersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2019 16:18:37 +0000
Name: Kristina Jespersen

Email: [log in to unmask]

Category: Announcements and Queries

Subject Line: In Media Res – Explorations of Colorism in Media

This week on In Media Res: Explorations of Colorism in Media (11/18-11/22)

Here is the lineup: http://mediacommons.org/imr/

Monday, November 18, 2019 – Latasha N. Eley and Kimberly R. Moffitt (George Mason University and University of Maryland Baltimore County) present: Are We Really Still Talking about Color(ism)?

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 – Natasha R. Howard (Community College of Baltimore County) presents: Colorism or Coincidence: Complexion and Black Women in Hip Hop

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 – Regina Spellers Sims (Eagles Soar Consulting LLC) presents: #HueHashtags: Bold Postings of Black Beauty

Thursday, November 21, 2019 – Asha S. Winfield and Srivi Ramasubramanian (Texas A&M University) present: Colorism & Catfish(ing): Online Deception, Romantic Relationships, and the Effects of Skin Tone Bias in MTV’s Catfish: The TV Show

Friday, November 22, 2019 – Juliann Knaus (University of Graz, Austria) presents: Colorism Online vs. Offline: Black Influencers, Representation, and Visibility

Theme week coordinated by Kimberly R. Moffitt (University of Maryland Baltimore County)

To find links for each day's posts and stay up to date on our latest calls for curators, please be sure to "like" our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mediacommons.inmediares/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

You can also follow us on Twitter at @MC_IMR.

For more information, please contact In Media Res at [log in to unmask]

Best,

The In Media Res Team