SCREEN-L Archives

February 1997, Week 2

From:
Martin Donoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 09:44:06 -0500
        I am about to teach a survey course in world cinema (to college
2nd & 3rd year students) and I'm having a difficult time finding a text
that meets my expectations. The ideal book would provide significant text
on Asian, African, Middle Eastern and South American as well as European
films. Additionally, I'd like it to offer a cultural studies POV along
with an eye toward the more traditional cinematic/formal properties.
        It's a tall order, but if anyone has any suggestions at all I'd be
most appreciative.

        Thanks in advance,

        Martin Donoff
             or