SCREEN-L Archives

April 1994

Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 1994 19:26:50 CDT
Anne: I think the film you are describing is "Abschied von Matjora"
[Departure from Matjora] --I only know the German release title, but I am
NOT sure that it is by Klimov.  It is based on a novel by Valentin
Rasputin. You should have no trouble finding it in any serious collection
of soviet cinema of the 1980's.  Good luck.

Tom Levin (Collegium Budapest / Princeton University)