SCREEN-L Archives

February 1995, Week 4

Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 1995 16:56:02 CST
Someone suggested that my comments about picnics and beers made
the UFVA sound frivolous and cliquish.

My point simply was that as a professional association the
University Film and Video Association was not grim and deadly
serious all the time.  New people come to meetings each year.
Some are charmed and become active members; others have different

I guess the real professional appeal of the UFVA is that it is one
of the few gatherings which combine a concern with production with
critical analysis, history, and the rest.

The number again is: 1-800-499-UFVA

Cal Pryluck, Radio-Television-Film, Temple University, Philadelphia
<[log in to unmask]>  <[log in to unmask]>

      SCREENsite -- A Film/TV-studies site on the World Wide Web
      URL:http://www.sa.ua.edu/TCF/welcome.htm