SCREEN-L Archives

July 1997, Week 4

From:
Blake Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 20:11:04 -0600

> Whenever I see a list or a chatroom being used to collect data I want to
> ask the student who their professor is, and has he/she approved the
> questions.  I found the questions in this survey to be useless.
>
> Missy

>           Melissa Lee Price, Ph.D. | [log in to unmask]
>        Assistant Professor, Multi-Media  Communication and the Arts
>                   Marist College, Poughkeepsie, NY
>                 http://www.academic.marist.edu/pricem/

This response saddens me.  I should think that as a Professor, you would
want to guide this student to more useful questions, rather than
belittling her.  As a result, I found your contribution to be useless, in
that it does nothing but demean someone who is trying to learn.  It also
discourages people from posting legitimate questions for fear of being
called 'useless.'

Blake Thompson

--
It is an act of faith to be a writer in a postliterate world.
        -Rita Mae Brown