SCREEN-L Archives

July 2000, Week 1

From:
Robert Inglis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 23:44:59 PDT
Hi:

I'll try to keep this brief, and hopefully pique the interest of any
available parties who can then reply to me personally at my email address
-->

I'm currently looking for one or perhaps two collaborators who'd be
interested in expanding the theses of two papers I've been sketching out:

In the first paper, I've come up with a very useful model that attempts to
reconcile all films into a holistic system.  From what's been referred to as
the "two avante-garde's" - experimental filmmaking and 'arty' narrative
films - to the classical Hollywood tradition, I'm essentially trying to come
up with a new approach to thinking about Film.  This may sound a tad
grandiose, and my ambitions may be exceeding me, but I'd like to discuss my
ideas with anyone interested and see where we go from there.

In the second paper, I'd like to delineate what I see as a strong
relationship between viewership of television advertising and teen drug use,
specifically that of hallucinogenic and psychotropic substances.

I'm aiming at writing these papers at a reading level accessible by the
intelligent lay-person who has a fair understanding of electronic media,
ideally someone whose familiar with McLuhan or Barthes; or an undergraduate
student.

If any or all of the above grabs your attention and you've some time to
devote to working on a paper or two, please contact me.

Thanks,

Robert Inglis