SCREEN-L Archives

April 1997, Week 3

From:
David Ezell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 11:08:55 -0100
Dear Screen-Ler's,

I am doing research on a local myth. It claims a tunnel was built
underneath our state capitol during the Civil War for escape by the
governor and his family in times of crisis.

The whole idea is, of course, preposterous.  The labor and money needed to
build such a tunnel did not exist during that era in Georgia.  However, the
myth still hangs on a century later.

Is anyone familiar with any films (or any other art) that deals with
tunnels, mythical or otherwise?  I have wracked my brain, but have few
answers.

Thanks,

David

http://www.sa.ua.edu/screensite