SCREEN-L Archives

November 1998, Week 3

From:
Scott Hutchins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 20:34:52 -0500

> Not certifiably "mad," and too much within the stereotypes you cite is

Well my "mad" scientist isn't exactly "mad," she's just accused of being
"mad" by the yellow journalists that dubbed her "the Mad Gasser of
Mattoon."  To my knowledge, that figure from paranormal/mass hysteria
literature has only been filmed once, and that was a shot on video
documentary.  The gasser was probably played by the director, Tom L.
Byron.

Scott

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite