SCREEN-L Archives

April 1996, Week 3

Sender:
From:
Emily Zants <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 1996 05:36:29 -1000
> >I have recently been assigned to pick and write a paper on a film
> >auteur for class.  Since I have just been an observer on this list
> >up until now, I am interested to know if anyone has any recommendations.

Lots of chapters on the French auteurs are in my book _Creative
Encounters with French Films_ (Edwin Mellen Press, 1993 - by Emily
Zants); indeed, all the directors are treated separately as auteurs -- 23
of them, as I recall.  And there is a summary (4+ pages) in the
introduction of the "Politique des auteurs" and lots of references to
other sources.  Enjoy! Emily

! Prof. Emily Zants, U. of HI  "... and the whole of Combray ... sprang !
! [log in to unmask]             into being, town and gardens alike, from !
! FAX: (808) 237-8284          my cup of tea." Proust's Butterfly Effect!
! http://www2.hawaii.edu/~zants/zants.html                              !