SCREEN-L Archives

April 1997, Week 3

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 02:23:48 -0400
From:
"Charles Derry, Professor of Film, Department of Theatre Arts, Wright State University" <[log in to unmask]>
7BIT
A colleague of mine who teaches film production has been using, for
years, the famous GUNSMOKE footage exercise, in which students are given
raw footage from a GUNSMOKE episode from decades ago and given the
opportunity to edit it into some coherent final product.

We have heard that there may be now available, from another source, a
similar exercise available for mass purchase, using a more contemporary
show--like HILL STREET BLUES or L.A. LAW.  If anyone out there knows of
another exercise in use and/or a potential source for that exercise, I'd
appreciate it if you could contact me.

Thanks.

http://www.sa.ua.edu/screensite