SCREEN-L Archives

July 1997, Week 4

From:
HR Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 1997 19:06:59 -0400
i haven't been following this thread, but has anyone commented upon the fact
that bytes from Hans Zimmer's score to THE CRIMSON TIDE have recently been
the most favored inserts into trailers in the past year? One section in
particular: buh buh buh uh BUH BUH buh buh, buh buh buh buh BUH BUH buh buh
-- then transposed up one key -- seems a particularly effective compressed
narrative facilitator for action slices -- remember that compression whilst
conveying an overall effect of the film being "trailed" is the essence of the
trailer, and this slice seems to do just fine in this regard...i realize this
sounds a bit muddled, written in haste, but I trust y'all know what I mean...

hr greenberg md endit