SCREEN-L Archives

April 1999, Week 3

Sender:
From:
Richard Wohlfeiler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 15:34:30 -0700
The would-be accountant in Jim Jarmusch's Dead Man is identified with
William Blake, whose poetry is invoked on several occasions. The plot of
Hal Hartley's Henry Fool is driven by the major characters' desire to write
"original" poetry, although as I recall the poetry itself is mostly
revealed through its effects on its readers.

Richard Wohlfeiler

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite