SCREEN-L Archives

October 1993

Sender:
From:
"McComb, Mary" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1993 13:36:18 EDT
One of my astute film students has noticed that in a production
still of CITIZEN KANE in our text (Film Art, Bordwell& Thompson,
p. 15), Orson Welles is directing from a wheelchair.  She
(and I) ask why?  Was it simply to reduce fatigue, or was he
injured at some point during production (obviously when he
wasn't acting himself!). We'd appreciate info.

Mary McComb
Asst. Prof.
Communication Arts
Marist College