SCREEN-L Archives

April 1995, Week 1

From:
Gloria Monti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 1995 10:37:17 CDT
On Mon, 3 Apr 1995, Corey Creekmur wrote:

> THE PASSENGER reminds me: is there any career (except perhaps Terrance
> Malick's) as significant and brief as Maria Schneider's??  She works with
> Antonioni and Bertolucci, against Nicholson and Brando, and then basically
> vanishes (although I'm aware she's worked in minor films).

        Schneider became quite well known in Italy after *Tango.*  After
*Professione Reporter* she made four more films in Italy, between
1975-1978.  They never got a wide distribution, though.  I remember
seing two of them while I was in Italy (*Io Sono Mia,* directed by Sofia
Scandurra and *Cari Genitori,* directed by Enrico Maria Salerno).
She was a very familiar face due to her roles in Bertolucci's and
Antonioni's films and got starring roles in these two films.
        She also made a very brief appearance in *Les Nuits Fauves*
(1993).
        She, together with Brando and Bertolucci, was indicted by an
Italian court on charges of obscenity for participating in the making of
*Tango.*

        Gloria Monti