SCREEN-L Archives

August 1994

Sender:
From:
"Margaret E. Arnold" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 1994 02:17:00 EDT
"Charles Krauel:  Portrait of a Deaf Film Maker"  & "The Ernest Marshall Story"

Both are deaf filmmakers.  Charles is gone but word has it that Ernest is still
living in one of the five boroughs of NYC.

I cannot drive down to Gallaudet University library/archives.  I cannot afford
to purchase those tapes and it would take approx. a month or two to get them fro
m DawnSignPress publications that's out in Calif. anyway.   I've been sent to
wrong libraries by some outsider (those living out of NY and not really know
anything about NYC services).  One library had me on phone hold for more than on
e hour and then told me to write a letter to ask about those vhs if they have
it.   What's this?   Anyway,  I zapped some messages by mistake that listed
some address to some services out in NYC.  I live about 20 min drive from
NYC and hmm,  am in Westchester county area.  Any expert advice?  I need to
finish papers on those deaf filmmakers asap.    Gene Stavis....you probably
can help me out.      Many thanks in advance.  I hope to be able to help
some of you in whatever u need.          Take care..............