SCREEN-L Archives

July 2008, Week 4

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2008 21:19:57 EDT
In a message dated 7/28/08 9:08:24 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

> For the most part these are young women, pretty unsophisticated, and would
> not identify as feminists.

You have to meet our high school and college interns then -- and I'm not sure
I'd want to label anybody a feminist these days because I hope that we're all
passing into humanists. Anyway, we've had a string of amazing women work here
that are going to go out and change the world. Two more of them this summer
in fact. And that might be the problem. They adore film, but they really are
socially committed and want to do something directly to help people. And seeing
how many women are in documentary film these days, that's where they might be
going in our world rather than academics or criticism.

Altogether, along with everybody I've met at the film archival schools, I
really find the next generation pretty damned good. They might just need
inspiration.

Best,
Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: 201-767-3117
www.milestonefilms.com
www.exilesfilm.com
www.killerofsheep.com
www.wintersoldierfilm.com

Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for
FanHouse Fantasy Football today.