SCREEN-L Archives

May 2013, Week 1

Date:
Wed, 1 May 2013 16:07:03 +0000
Sender:
From:
Katharine Persephone Zakos <[log in to unmask]>
As you may know, our site has been experiencing some technical problems as the result of a recent site upgrade, but we have now resolved the issues and are back online!  This week’s In Media Res theme focus is Issa Rae and The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl (April 29 - May 3, 2013).

Here's the line-up:
http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/imr/

Monday, April 29, 2013 - Nsenga K. Burton (Goucher College) presents: Awkward Black Girl’s Success in New Media Highlights Old Racism

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 - Ralina L. Joseph (University of Washington) presents: Awkward (and Real) Race Talk on ABG

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 - Alfred Martin (University of Texas - Austin) presents: Awkward Black Girl: Too Black for TV

Thursday, May 2, 2013 - Racquel Gates (College of Staten Island, CUNY) presents: Awkward: The Floating Signifier

Friday, May 3, 2013 - Kristen Warner (University of Alabama) presents: Where Do We Go From Here: Musings on Issa Rae’s Legacy

Theme week organized by Kristen Warner (University of Alabama).  IMR Liaison - Karen Petruska.

To receive links for each day’s posts and stay up to date on our latest calls for curators, please be sure “like” our newly launched Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mediacommons.inmediares

You can also follow us on Twitter at @MC_IMR

For more information, please contact In Media Res at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or email the Coordinating Editor, Alisa Perren, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Best,
The In Media Res Team

https://listserv.ua.edu/archives/screen-l.html