SCREEN-L Archives

June 2002, Week 4

Sender:
From:
Matt Soar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:24:57 -0400
Hi all,

I'm conducting some background research for a scholarly essay on film titles
(current candidates for inclusion include the opening sequences for Psycho,
Se7en, American Psycho, and Swoon). Having trawled through the Screen-L
archives, it appears that queries concerning this general topic do surface
periodically, but rarely garner many responses. (I currently suspect that
there are interesting studies out there that I have yet to identify
precisely because they employ unfamiliar terminology to describe the same,
or similar, phenomena.)

So: I'm particularly interested in any recommendations folks can make
regarding conference papers, scholarly articles, chapters, or even
book-length studies that discuss movie titles, or motion graphics, or
typography and the moving image - from *any*  *scholarly* perspective at
all.

Please email me off-list <[log in to unmask]> and I will report back to the
list once I've compiled any responses I get from list members. Thanks in
advance for your time!

With all best wishes,

Matt Soar

Visiting Assistant Professor of Video & Media Studies
Hampshire College
Amherst MA 01002

Tel.: (413) 559-5686
Fax: (413) 559-5438