SCREEN-L Archives

December 1995, Week 2

From:
"Rachel D. Bell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 1995 22:17:01 +1100
Greetings! My name is Rachel Bell and I am a former list member who
recently rejoined.  Now that I've lurked again for a few weeks, I'm
ready to start posting.

Some time last year I heard about Independent Television Service.
Supposedly the works of ITVS were going to be shown on PBS, with each
affiliate having the option not to run them.  I've yet to see any of
the ITVS projects on my local PBS affiliate.  Here's a list of some
of the films that PBS had commited to:

"TV Families"
"A Psychic Mom"
Jon Moritsugu's "Terminal USA"
"Dottie Gets Spanked" directed by Todd Haynes
"MOTV (My Own TV)"
"The Secret Life of Houses"
"Family Remains"
"Night Ride"
and Ellen Spiro's "Greetings From Out Here"

I have tried to find an address for ITVS or more information on these
films.  If anyone has any more information on this subject, I am
anxious to hear from you.

Thanks in advance,

Rachel Bell