SCREEN-L Archives

September 2020, Week 2

From:
Maria San Filippo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 2020 11:00:15 -0400
*apologies for cross-posting*

Dear Colleagues,

It is our pleasure to announce the publication of our new issue (18.3),
featuring these essays and reviews:

*Cinematic Arkitecture: Silent Running and the Spaceship Earth Metaphor*

Matthew I. Thompson

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2020.1790263

*Losing Control: Until Dawn as Interactive Movie *

Tanine Allison

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2020.1787303

*Monkeywrenched Images: Ecocinema and Sabotage *

Graig Uhlin

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2020.1790480

*Wonderland: The Digital and the Cosmopolitan at the Borderlands in
Monsters*

Celestino Deleyto

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2020.1786341

*The Cultural Politics of Jennifer Lawrence as Star, Actor, Celebrity*

Gregory Frame

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2020.1790479

*Hollywood's Dirtiest Secret: The Hidden Environmental Costs of the Movies** by
Hunter Vaughan* (Columbia University Press, 2019)

Reviewed by Joshua Schulze

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2020.1777639

*Cinema/Politics/Philosophy** by Nico Baumbach (Columbia University Press,
2018) *

Reviewed by Ekin Erkan

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2020.1778158

*You're Nicked: Investigating British Television Police Series** by Ben
Lamb (Manchester University Press, 2019)*

Reviewed by Mareike Jenner

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2020.1805054

Additionally, as a back-to-school promotion, we have curated a “Topical and
Teachable” reading list of articles available free access through October;
please see TOC below.

To help spread the word, and for latest news and promotions, please follow
us on Twitter @NRFTSJournal <https://twitter.com/NRFTSJournal> and
Instagram @nrftsjournal <https://www.instagram.com/nrftsjournal/>. We
welcome submissions through our website, where information about the
journal and guidelines for authors can also be found:
https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rfts20/current

Kind regards,

Maria San Filippo

Editor

*TOPICAL & TEACHABLE: *

*A Reading List for Teaching & Learning Today *

Gill Branston, “The Planet at the End of the World: ‘Event’ cinema and the
representability of climate change”

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400300701432936

Gregory Frame, “The odds are never in your favor: the form and function of
American cinema’s neoliberal dystopias”

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2019.1622894

Marina Hassapopoulou, “Playing with history: collective memory, national
trauma, and dark tourism in virtual reality docugames”

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2018.1519207

Neal King, “Calling Dirty Harry a liar: a critique of displacement theories
of popular criminology”

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2012.723964

Mikki Kressbach, “Breath work: mediating health through breathing apps and
wearable technologies”

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2018.1444459

W.J.T. Mitchell, “Screening nature (and the nature of the screen)”

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2015.1058141

Sheila J. Nayar, “Dis-Orientalizing Bollywood: incorporating Indian popular
cinema into a survey film course”

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400300500037381

Elizabeth A. Patton, “*Get Out* and the legacy of sundown suburbs in
post-racial America”

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2019.1622889

Michael Slowik, “Isolation and connection: unbounded sound in the films of
Paul Thomas Anderson”

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2015.1005378

William Uricchio, “Film, cinema, television … media?”

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2014.926656?src=recsys

--
*New Review of Film and Television Studies
<https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rfts20/current> *