SCREEN-L Archives

January 2002, Week 3

Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:44:05 -0500
Mikhail; I don't know what movie period Field's poems cover, but "White
Jungle Queen" could refer to Dorothy Lamour (she of the sarong) who made
several jungle-background movies, such as THE JUNGLE PRINCESS(1936), HER
JUNGLE LOVE(1938) and BEYOND THE BLUE HORIZON(1942). On the other hand, it
might relate to Jane, "wife" of Tarzan, in the MGM/Weissmuller jungle movies
of the 30s and 40s. Serials were very popular during this period, so maybe
White Jungle Queen was the title of a serial.
Peter Warren