SCREEN-L Archives

December 2006, Week 4

Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:49:09 -0500
At one time you could get box office rankings for past years--back to the 30s if I remember right--from the IMDB but a couple of weeks ago I wasn't able to find this again.  Don't know if it was removed or just hard to find.  Somewhere I have a book called something like Movie Facts (dark blue cover, trade paper, circa 1980s) that had a listing of the top ten for each year along with the dollar rentals.  Or you can do it the hard way and check Variety's year-end listing each year.  Now, it's another question how accurate any of this is.

Lang Thompson