SCREEN-L Archives

March 1992

Sender:
From:
Warren Eckstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 1992 08:51:22 CST
The discusion of providing for "this country" a means to gain a leadership posi
sion in this world aside (I refuse to belive that in this would of instant acce
ss that the people using this network are considering a regression to feudal so
ciety) It seems apparent that inovation in one form of electronic presentation
will miss the mark.  In Waldon Thoteau said "[t]he millions are awake enough fo
r physical labor; but only one in a million is awake enough for effective intel
lectual exertion," and with this in mind wouldn't it be more likely to help the
 world economy to develop a new technology which would be instantly embraced by
 the "sleeping millions?"  Once our world is back on track the financing and pu
rsuit of research will also benefit.

                          "No matter were you go, there you are."