SCREEN-L Archives

April 1998, Week 1

From:
"Lisa R. Barry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 09:00:52 -0500
olds, how about the film versions of the Narnia books?  THE LION, THE WITCH
AND THE WARDROBE and others are fabulous reading (I still read them myself,
and so does my son), and the film adaptations aren't that bad either.
Although, personally, I prefer the images I have in my head to those on the
screen.  Not that C.S. Lewis is considered one of the "great" authors, but
he is well-respected.  The Narnia series isn't considered "great"
literature, but who defines "great?"  I prefer these tales to many of the
"greats" I have read.

Lisa :-)

=======================================
"Many author-mothers conclude that maternity has enabled them to reject
male standards of writing . . . [M]any female authors come to see their
creation in human reproductive terms, reclaiming for women a metaphor long
appropriated by men."
                                              --Lucy Fischer
Lisa R. Barry
Ph.D. Candidate