SCREEN-L Archives

July 2013, Week 2

From:
Christine Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jul 2013 17:26:50 -0400
The sixth episode of SCMS’s Cinema Journal Presents Aca-Media<http://www.aca-media.org/episode6> is out at aca-media.org<http://aca-media.org>. Catch an interview with Paula Amad about her new Cinema Journal article "Visual Riposte: Reconsidering the Return of the Gaze as Postcolonial Theory’s Gift to Film Studies." We also bring you a pedagogy roundtable on teaching with social media, as well as a new segment, "What We're Watching."
We also invite contributors to an upcoming Vox Scholari segment<http://www.aca-media.org/news/2013/6/3/call-for-contributions-when-were-you-surprised-in-the-classroom>. Email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with an audio recording or the written text of a story describing a time you were surprised in the classroom or experienced something unexpected or new. We hope to use this in the next episode, which arrives in two weeks, so send us your story soon!
Check out previous episodes at these links:
Episode 1<http://www.aca-media.org/episode1>, featuring an interview with Cinema Journal editor Will Brooker, a profile of the Flow conference, and a tribute to Alexander Doty
Episode 2<http://www.aca-media.org/episode2>, featuring 51.4 Cinema Journal author Yvonne Tasker and a feature on a media industries event at Georgia State University.
Episode 3<http://www.aca-media.org/episode3>, featuring an interview with 52.2 Cinema Journal author Justin Horton, an interview with SCMS presidents Chris Holmlund and Barb Klinger, and a feature on the March SCMS conference
Episode 4<http://www.aca-media.org/episode4>, featuring an interview with 52.2 Cinema Journal author David Scott Diffrient, a report on the SCMS Undergraduate Conference, and a Vox Scholari segment on texts that got media scholars interested in the discipline.
Episode 5<http://www.aca-media.org/episode5>, featuring an interview with TV Studies pioneer Horace Newcomb, and an interview with SCMS web content manager Aviva Dove-Viebahn.
Follow Aca-Media at @aca_media<https://twitter.com/aca_media>, join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/542859515745791/, email us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, and get info and links at aca-media.org<http://www.aca-media.org/>.

http://www.ScreenSite.org