SCREEN-L Archives

February 1998, Week 1

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 16:44:46 -0500
7bit
From:
Chris Worsnop <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
RFC822 error: <W> Incorrect or incomplete address field found and ignored.
One of the earliest of these projects, I believe, was the National Film
Board of Canada project called "Challenge for Change". I think it dates
from the mid 1960s. From the same period at the NFB come interesting film
projects like, "Christopher's Movie Matinee".

Chris M. Worsnop

WRIGHT COMMUNICATIONS
2400 Dundas Street West
Unit 6, Suite 107
Mississauga,
ONTARIO, CANADA
L5K 2R8

Phone: (905) 823-0875
Email: <[log in to unmask]>

Homepage: <http://www.screen.com/mnet/eng/speakers/cw/worsnop.htm>

"We live under a government of men and morning newspapers."
Wendell Philips

----------
> From: Jim Wehmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: reference request
> Date: Wednesday, February 04, 1998 4:56 PM
>
> Hi.
> If you've got a second, could you please suggest any work you
> know of that "deals with" projects in which video (or film)
> technology was introduced or donated or whatever to "at risk"
> communities (not necessarily only in U.S.). Looking for reviews,
> investigations, descriptions, etc. of such projects. For now,
> let's use THROUGH NAVAHO EYES (1972) as a starting point, and
> reach through more recent work, such as AIDS TV.
> Thanks very much in advance. Feel free to prevent listserv
> clutter by sending directly to me, if you'd like (I'm at
> Thanks again.
> Jim Wehmeyer
>
> ----
> Screen-L is sponsored by the Telecommunication & Film Dept., the
> University of Alabama.

University of Alabama.