SCREEN-L Archives

November 1995, Week 2

From:
Richard Rydge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 1995 12:02:27 +10
Do you know of any groups in Sydney where people interested in
scriptwriting or, more generally, film-making, meet and maybe
colaborate on projects?

I'm a professional writer new to scriptwriting and would like to meet
other interested people socially or at workshops, etc.

If you've any knowledge of such groups, do you have any experience of
what they're like?  As a student when I was involved in more general
writers' groups, they weren't of much interest.  But I imagine
there's probably a swag of keen people with film projects and others
maybe collaborating on low-budget movies.

Friends of mine prefer to tread the grant application road, but seem
to spend their days in frustration filling out forms and waiting for
rejection letters.  I'd like to see if I can't get a project underway
with a few capable people.

INCIDENTLY....  In case you're unaware, SBS is commissioning five
first-time film makers to each create a feature film with funding
provided of up to $900,000.

 It's part of a $13 million project to commission new work in features,
 documentaries, anthologies, series, soaps, sitcoms, shorts and animation.

The deadline is fast approaching, with submissions requiring a
synopsis, script treatment (rather than an actual script),
production details,  a budget, CV's, etc.

Full details are available from SBS Independent, (02) 430 3865.
The general manager is Andy James, the executive producers are  Geoff
Barnes, Franco di Chiera, Barbara Mariotti and David White.

.
.