SCREEN-L Archives

December 1998, Week 2

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 13:05:07 -0500
On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, wen minkoff wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Folks I know are trying to locate the following on video (VHS, USA type).
>
> The first:  POPE JOAN:
>
> A commercially produced movie set in midievel times where a woman posing as
> a man is "appointed" Pope by the dying Pope.  I think Liv Ullman plays
> Joan/AKA John.

I don't think this was ever released on video, but I thought Jean Seberg
was in the title role.

> The second:  _The Gods Must be Crazy_, from 1980.

This is available from Fox Video, I believe, so you ought to be able to
special order it.  The second was released by Columbia.  The third and
fourth are HK films starring N!Xau, but not directed by Uys, who died last
year.