SCREEN-L Archives

December 1994, Week 3

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Dec 1994 17:00:07 CST
Author:  [log in to unmask]
Date:    12/16/94 8:39 AM

[Editor's note:  This message was submitted to SCREEN-L by the "Author" noted
above, and not by Jeremy Butler ([log in to unmask]).]

Having been in a film program, not a film school, I can see it both ways...(I
think)...but the best part (to me) was the constant feedback, the early
morning runs to the diner after all night editing sessions, the people who
would help you out because they wanted to learn and grow, not for money,
guilt, fame, etc.  Not just that it's fun, but that there are other people
around who are going through a similar process, people whose mistakes you can
learn from (so you don't have to make them all yourself) and whose successes
you can learn from as well.  There is nothing like community when you are
engaged in such a heart-wrenching process.