SCREEN-L Archives

October 1994

From:
Ulf Dalquist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 1994 09:30:46 +0100
> Say has anyone seen any good remakes of any television shows in the
> movie theaters and on video?  In case you haven't noticed they're
> out there.
>
> Recently I viewed the remake of "The Fugitive".  Being in my early
> 40's, I found Ford's versoin interesting.  However, I guess that I'm
> just old fashion. I prefer Janssen's version best.
>
> Let's see...what others are there....Gilligan's Island(have not seen),
> The Addams Family(have seen and their creepy and kookie as ever), The
> Flinstones  (Yah, wasn't John Goodman good as Fred Flinstone and Rick
> Moranis an excellent Barney Rubble?), The Beverly Hillbillies (haven't
> seen).
>
> I know there are others, but off hand I can't think of any more.  Say!
> I heard that since the Flinstones was well received in live people format,
> that a Jetson's live person movie is in the making.  Does anyone know if
> this is true?  Also word has it that a "Lost In Space" movie in in the
> works. Is this also true?
>
>WOW....What a line up..Has Hollywood gone dry of ideas?
>

> ---Mark W. White, <3XEMSAL@CMUVM>---

You're probably on the trekkers death list by now... Star Trek's kinda obvious.
The Muppet Show made it to the silver screen, two times, I think.
Twin Peaks...
...and the price goes to japanese samurai/splatter film Baby Cart at River Styx,

originally a TV series cut down and dubbed for theatrical release in the U.S.
Cheers,

-- Ulf Dalquist Dept. of Sociology--
--   Box 114 221 00 Lund SWEDEN   --