SCREEN-L Archives

September 2000, Week 4

From:
Leo Enticknap <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 01:41:21 +0100
Ruth Perlmutter asks:

>Does anyone know where I could get a subtitled video of Bertrand Blier's
>MERCI LA VIE? or THANKS, LIFE, 1991). It does not appear to be available
>in the commercial venues in this country.

It's readily available unsubtitled in France - on my last trip across the
Channel a month or so ago, I noticed it on VHS (SECAM) in two or three
video shops.  You should be able to order it from www.fnac.co.fr, if this
is any use.

A related request - does anyone know where I could get hold of an
unsubtitled VHS, DVD or laserdisc (or, if DVD, with electronic subtitles as
a menu option rather than burnt into the picture from the source print -
i.e. it is possible to watch the film without them) of M?

Many thanks
Leo Enticknap
Technical Manager
City Screen Cinemas (York) Ltd..
13-17 Coney St., York YO1 9QL.
United Kingdom
Telephone: 01904 612940 (work); 07710 417383 (brainfryer)
e-mail: [log in to unmask] (work); [log in to unmask] (home)
www.picturehouse-cinemas.co.uk