SCREEN-L Archives

November 2007, Week 3

From:
Jessica Rosner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2007 14:22:29 -0500
I think it may be caught up in legal tangle.
It was reissued theatrically last year by Koch Lorber and normally they
would have both Non Theatrical and home video rights but it has mysterously
not been released on DVD so I strongly suspect a problem. I have heard that
a lot of Mexican Bunuel's had issues. Anyway try Kock Lorber and see what
they say.

On 11/16/07 8:47 PM, "Jonathan Nichols-Pethick" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I am looking for information on who holds the non-theatrical
> distribution rights for Bunel's "Los Olvidados."  We are hoping to
> screen it on our campus in the Spring.  Any help is much appreciated.
> Many thanks.
>
> Jonathan

> Jonathan Nichols-Pethick
> Assistant Professor
> Dept. of Communication and Theatre
> Director of Film Studies
> DePauw University
> Greencastle, IN 46135
> (765) 658-5095
>
> ----
> To sign off Screen-L, e-mail [log in to unmask] and put SIGNOFF Screen-L
> in the message.  Problems?  Contact [log in to unmask]

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503