SCREEN-L Archives

May 1999, Week 1

From:
Richard Davies <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 00:20:48 +0100
Dear Lang

As I recall there is one scene in which there is reference to training the
dog to attack blacks. I saw the movie in the UK when it was first released
but would have to say that even with that scene intact there was nothing
offensive. On the other hand it wasn't a very good movie; not surprsing
given the subject matter. Fuller's great movies remain remain PICK UP ON
SOUTH STREET, and the one about the lunatic asylum, and the one about child
abuse. Three masterpieces; not bad for any director.

Richard Davies