SCREEN-L Archives

July 2000, Week 3

From:
"CHIBEAU,EDMOND (Communications)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 17:14:36 -0400
Tim:
I think there are many archives of posters although none would hold
everything.

in New York you might try:
Museum of Modern Art
New York Public Library at Lincoln Center, Theatre Collection

Many individuals have poster collections which I bet they would be pleased
to show to someone.

But you are casting a pretty wide net, Perhaps you will need to narrow the
topic down ?

you might start in a good library or do a book search on the net and find
books of movie posters?
There's a gazillion of 'em!
__________e.g._______
 Tiegreen, Ellen: The Disney Poster ; ISBN: 1562829246 Hyperion 1993
Hardback,

 Warren, Jon R. : WARREN'S MOVIE POSTER PRICE GUIDE ; 404 pgs.
Reproductions.NY: Crown, (1986).

 Hershenson, Bruce : Cartoon movie posters

Edmond Chibeau Ph.D.
Eastern Connecticut State U.
83 Windham St.
Willimantic CT 06250  USA